CATALYST JOB DESCRIPTIONS
*CATALYST TEAM LEADER:
A CATALYST team leader keeps CATALYST team members organized and provides oversight, direction, instruction, and motivation to team members, for the purpose of achieving community encouragement & impact event goals.
Roles & Requirements:
Team leaders serve various roles in an organization. Their job is to get tasks done by using all of the resources available to them. Below is a list of important roles & responsibilities a CATALYST team leader must often take on:
• Be accountable to The Catalyst Effect, Vision, Mission, Core Values, Code of Ethics and Executive Leadership Team.
• Create & Develop project goals, quality standards, strategies, schedules, budgets and deadlines that the team will use to reach its goal. • Provide any training that team members need.
• Communicate clear instructions to team members and listen to team members' feedback.
• Monitor team members' participation/performance to ensure the training provided is being put into use, and also to see if any additional training is needed.
• Effectively manage the operational flow of their specific tasks and team.
• Collaborate with other organizations, team leaders and members to accomplish the overall event goal.
• Make team member dismissal, team relocation, promotion or award recommendations to TCE Executive team.
• Create weekly reports to update TCE Executive team on their team's progress, concerns, needs etc.
• Attend Bi-weekly CATALYST strategy meetings and quarterly community events as required.
An effective team leader will:
• Set their team in a direction to research, design, build, implement, maintain or improve something in accordance with the CATALYST events' overall vision.
• Lead by example NOT by power or position.
• Know their team member's strengths, weaknesses and motivations.
• Exhibit good leadership skills by carrying everyone along without bias.
• Be highly focused in order to stick to the objectives and goals of the company without giving in to undue distractions and challenges.
• Exhibit good motivational skills to bring out the best in team members.
• Good crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges.
• Good temperament to deal with team members’ shortcomings.
• Communicate regularly with their team members.
• HAVE FUN
*CATALYST TEAM MEMBER:
A Catalyst team member receives assignments and instructions from their CATALYST team leader and provides the necessary support to help achieve community encouragement & impact event goals.
Roles & Requirements:
Team members serve in various roles within their specific CATALYST department. Their job is to get tasks done by using all of the resources available to them. Below is a list of important roles & responsibilities a CATALYST team member must take on:
• Be directly accountable to your CATALYST Team Leader, then to the TCE Executive Leadership Team, while upholding All Policies & Procedures of The Catalyst Effect, LLC. and CATALYST.
• Successfully carry out and meet the daily/weekly project goals, quality standards, strategies, schedules, budgets and deadlines that are created and developed by your specific team leader.
• Request any necessary training needed and attend any required training session needed.
• Effectively Communicate to your team leader and members.
• Always be willing to Collaborate with other organizations, CATALYST department team leaders and members to accomplish the overall event goal.
• Attend a monthly CATALYST strategy meeting and ALL quarterly community events as required.
An effective team member will:
• Be reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
• Respect confidentiality and the rights of people you work with.
• Faithfully carry out your specified job description.
• Give feedback and accept feedback. • Be committed to the CATALYST program.
• Avoid overextending yourself.
• Address areas of conflict appropriately.
• Ask for support when it is needed.
• Stay safe and HAVE FUN.
Team Members can become Team Leaders through the following process:
1. Must have served as a team member at four CATALYST community events.
2. Must submit at least a two-paragraph summary stating why you want to be a CATALYST team leader.
3. Must acquire two letters of recommendation from two CATALYST team leaders
4. Must successfully complete an interview forum by TCE Executive Leadership Team.
This website and its content is copyright of The Catalyst Effect, LLC. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our expressed written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
© The Catalyst Effect, LLC. 2014. All Rights Reserved.